January 7, 2010

So I took and passed (yay!) my 1st final exam for my EMT class last night. Still 2 more to go. My next one is this coming Monday (1/11) and from what I hear....that will be the hardest one. That makes me nervous because the one last night was supposedly the easiest one and I had a hard time with that one. So that makes me a little more nervous. Anyone who fails the one on Monday is done with the class. They are not allowed to take the last final exam. So that's quite nervewracking too!! So a bunch of us from the class are getting together Saturday and Sunday afternoon to study together so I'm sure that will help alot. The one Monday is our "practical exam" where there are, I believe, 6 or 7 different stations and you have to go to each one and do whatever it requires. For instance, the first one you have to simulate coming on to the scene of a trauma accident and go through all the steps from start to finish on what you would do. Second one is what you would do if you went to a call of someone having a heart attack, then the others are a little easier. For example, you have to simulate shocking a patient whose heart is stopped, splinting a broking joint, etc. Anyway....it will be nervewracking for sure because each station has "critical points" and if you miss even one of them you fail. So needless to say I am going to be a wreck come Monday!!
Sorry that was very "rambly" but I just wanted to share what's going on and as I said in my last post this is kind of therapeutic so it helps ease my nervousness a little to write about it.

1 comment:

Jess said...

So glad that you passed the first test. I am sure that you will do fine on the next two!