Last night I took my 2nd final exam....and I passed! Woohoo! This was the one I was most nervous about...but the past few days I was feeling strangly confident. I am not used to feeling that way and it was a great feeling!! I just felt ready. I knew I had done everything I possibly could to prepare myself for it. The one last night was the practical exam. We had 6 different scenarios and you had to stand in front of an instructor (different instructor for each one) and verbalize as well as show them from start to finish what you would do on that particular ems call. (and you had a certain amount of time for each one) You had to get it correct and could not miss much. I was so nervous cause I was just so intimidated cause these were people who have been doing it for years...some of them longer than I've been alive so it was nervewracking for sure. But all the instructors were great. The first station I had to do was with my absolute favorite instructor. Sam and I are good friends with him so I'm actually glad I got his first cause that just calmed me down for the rest of the stations. I'm pretty sure they did that on purpose and I appreciate that. So....I'm glad that is over and now I have to focus on my big New York State written examination that I have next Thursday. So....if I pass that one....then I am officially an EMT!!! I really hope I pass cause this has been a dream of mine for a long time.
I am no longer at my job at the pharmacy. (and boy...what a relief that is) Long story but I will make it very short. My boss basically made me choose between my job and this EMT class and I am just too far along in this to give up now. So Sam told me there is no discussion....I've worked too hard on this class to give up now. He told me I hate my job anyways so there's no reason to let her bully me around like this. So I put my notice in last week. And I feel so relieved to be gone from there. I have hated that job from day 1. So that's that.
Anyway....my instructor told me to take the day off from studying so I just wanted to update my blog a little.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment