January 20, 2010

Well tomorrow is my New York State final exam. Wow! I am feeling so overwhelmed right now. Regardless of the outcome I know in my heart that I have given this 100%. I have studied pretty much every day since about a month before the class started and have done all the homeworks, extra credits, study groups and extra help from the instructors that was available to me. I know that I know the material but the only reason that I'm extremely nervous right now is because I cannot even tell you how many firemen (including my husband and he's been in the fire company for about 15 years) have told me that they took the class and failed the final. So that is nervewracking. I know and totally understand that they need to make this test hard because you HAVE to know your stuff. I mean....as an EMT you are literally dealing with life or death situations. So you have to know all the technical stuff like how many breaths per minute for an adult, for an infant, etc. You have to know all kinds of diffent facts and numbers and bones and the heart and skin and I could go on and on. So. Yeah. I'm trying not to be negative about it and everytime I say..."well if I fail then when can I take the class again?" and my instructor keeps telling me...."no. You're not gonna fail so we don't talk like that" But I want to prepare myself emotionally...just in case.
Anyway. Gotta get back to studying. Today is the last day I can study. So....back to it.

No comments: