Well I suppose it was bound to happen...I am SUCH a clutz!! Thursday night we got a 1st aid call. Sam and I were rushing out the door and I tripped over the computer cord and fell and landed on my foot (foot was sideways) I screamed and Sam said..."well we're not going on this call!" But stubborn me jumped up and said "it's okay" and we did. (in my defense...the nature of the call sounded like something I really wanted to see first hand especially since I'm taking my EMT class) My foot hurt at the call but I guess because of the adrenaline it wasn't horrible. I was okay till we got the patient to the ER and things had settled down a bit. Then I couldn't put any weight on it whatsoever. So last night I went for xrays to see what was going on and come to find out...I tore some ligaments in my foot. Fun fun. At least if it was broke they could have put a cast on it but I'm still thankful it isn't broke! Anyway...I have to stay off it for several days and Sam is taking very very good care of me!! I know it's not how he wanted to spend his weekend but I appreciate him taking care of me!! Oh! And my sis~in~law brought over some yummy homemade Fall cookies and a picture that my nephew colored. That was so sweet and brightened my whole day!
EMT class is going great. Having a really really hard time with the homework today but the worse that can happen I suppose is I will get them wrong and then learn from my mistakes! As long as I learn from them it's fine.
It looks so "fallish" out there today. So pretty! The trees on our street are so colorful right now (most of them) and it's beautiful!
Well...better get back to the homework!
Happy weekend everyone!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
OUCH! That sounds painful!! I am glad that it is not broken though, and hopes that it heals quickly.
Post a Comment