February 1, 2010

Just feeling a tad bit annoyed today. I'm wondering why some people act as though Sam and I are not "adults" since we don't have kids? It's not by choice that we are childless....trust me! Just because someone has kids...they aren't automatically mature and responsible...and just because someone does not have kids....does not automatically make them immature and irresponsible. Sorry...just really annoyed when I sit back and watch and listen to things going on around me.

3 comments:

Jess said...

I hear ya, Terri!! I know of an immature 21 year old that is treated with more respect than I am at times and I am a 32 year old that has been married 11 years. Being an adult is being able to accept and handle responsibilty. A 12 year old with a child is still a child. Sorry to take over and begin ranting!!! Just wanted you to know that I understand and feel your pain.

Terri said...

Haha Jess! I know you of all people totally understand!! It is SO annoying sometimes. Hey how have you been feeling?

Mandy said...

Oh Terri I completely understand. Our own FAMILY doesn't treat us the same as other siblings who have children. I think we as childless couples, go through more maturing process anyways. We have to accept things that are not our desires, deal with loses, and put up with people assuming we are bad people because we don't "want" kids. Don't let them bother you (easier said than done) but you and Sam can be JUST as happy as those who have children!!!